Wilderness is a nature lover’s paradise nestled in the wooded foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains. Home to a 2 500 ha National Park, five rivers and five lakes, two estuaries and a 18km stretch of beach… this is the best the Garden Route has to offer. Wilderness is ideally situated within the Garden Route within close proximity to George and is approximately halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
When it comes to Wilderness property, variety is the name of the game. You can choose from magnificent beachfront homes, luxury security estates, country homes, cottages on smallholdings and apartments situated in the quaint village. Wilderness also offers a choice of vacant land from residential stands to farms and large smallholdings for sale. With the mountain, lake and sea views, Wilderness is also a popular location amongst those looking to buy B&Bs and guesthouses. Find out more about the Wilderness properties for sale to get a feel for the area below.
Featured Property in Wilderness
Property in Wilderness quicklinks
Property in Wilderness for sale
Property in Wilderness to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Wilderness to rent - Short Term Rentals
Other Areas in Wilderness and Areas Nearby Wilderness
• For the active, buying a house in Wilderness offers you easy access to hiking, boating, waterskiing, paragliding and fishing.
• The Wilderness National Park is ideal for those looking to reconnect with the wonder of nature. Hike its trails or explore it on horseback.
• Wilderness is also a great land-based whale and dolphin watching destination.
• Visit the Woodville Big Tree. Over 800 years old, it is the perfect spot for a picnic or a lazy day with a good book.
Living in Wilderness
• Schools: Most residents send their kids to schools in George, as it is only a short drive away.
• Shopping and dining: Wilderness has a Village ambience that boasts some great restaurants, cafes and sidewalk shops and a
• Wellness: If it’s pampering you’re after, the variety of local Wellness Spas with their relaxing and rejuvenating treatments will appeal to you.
• Air travel: Wilderness is located a mere 25 minute drive from George’s domestic airport.
To view an ebrochure of a selection of properties in the George & Wilderness area click here.
Pam Golding Properties in Wilderness are proudly involved in supporting the initiatives of the registered non-profit organization Bolton Food for Life Foundation. Consider joining us in this initiative.