Vanderbijlpark is situated on the banks of the Vaal River in Gauteng just under an hour from Johannesburg. This small town that forms part of the Vaal Triangle is one of South Africa's leading industrial cities neighboured by Vereeniging and Sasolburg. The picturesque riverfront surroundings lend well to large properties with beautiful views and easy access to the Vaal River. Houses for sale in Vanderbijlpark range from double story homes on expansive plots to more compact homes within secure lifestyle and golfing estates.
Flats to rent in Vanderbijlpark are most popular with students attending the North-West University or the Vaal University of Technology. As well as being a business hub, this area is sought after as a weekend getaway, particularly as the access from Johannesburg is so easy. This makes houses for sale or rent in Vanderbijlpark popular with families and investors looking for good returns. If you’d like to find out more about our available properties for sale or rent in Vanderbijlpark, browse the listings below.
Featured Property in Vanderbijlpark
Property in Vanderbijlpark quicklinks
Property in Vanderbijlpark for sale
Property in Vanderbijlpark to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Vanderbijlpark to rent - Short Term Rentals
Other Areas in Vanderbijlpark and Areas Nearby Vanderbijlpark
Areas Nearby Vanderbijlpark
A very popular family spot, Vanderbijlpark caters to all ages. Whether it’s a relaxing weekend you’re after or a bit of adrenalin-fuelled fun in the sun, you’ll find it all right here.
• Vaal River: A haven of watersport and weekend fun, the Vaal River caters to all water skiing enthusiasts, fishermen as well as those looking to enjoy a relaxing boat cruise. Along the banks, you’ll spot families picnicking as well as a host of bird life.
• Emfuleni Golf Estate and Country Club: This classic parkland course is the ideal way to spend a quiet afternoon, punctuated with a stop off at the half way house for a drink or quick bite. Here, you’ll also find conference and banqueting facilities as well as tennis courts, a coffee shop and indulgent day spa.
• Emerald Casino Resort: Catering to the whole family, this resort boasts an indoor aqua dome for the kiddies and a host of restaurants. Try your luck in the casino or head to the spa for some pampering.
Living in Vanderbijlpark
Owning a house or flat in Vanderbijlpark means you’ll never need to travel far to find what you need. The town caters to holiday makers and residents alike while the city of Joburg is just a short drive away.
• Schools: Here you’ll find El Shaddai School, Emmanuel Christian School, Vaal Primary School and Sancta Maria Junior School as well as a host of high schools. Vanderbijlpark is also home to the North-West University as well as the main campus of the Vaal University of Technology.
• Shopping: The Vaal Mall offers almost 150 shops, free parking and a food court with a selection of restaurants. Other centres in nearby Joburg include Cresta Centre and Bedford Centre.
• Medical: The Mediclinic Emfuleni in Vanderbijlpark is supported by specialists as well as general practitioners and healthcare experts.
• Commuting: Being just under an hour from Johannesburg and 1.5 hours from Pretoria, Vanderbijlpark is an easy distance for weekend getaways or visits into the city. It’s also 40 minutes from O.R Tambo International Airport.