At the foot of Table Mountain lush parks, expansive homes and affluent neighbourhoods all congregate to form the Southern Suburbs. Catering to UCT students and international embassies alike, houses for sale or rent in the Southern Suburbs scale perfectly without sacrificing quality of life.
The Southern Suburbs feature properties dating back close to a hundred years set alongside contemporary apartment blocks. Historically significant properties of Dutch-styled architecture, including their distinctive gables and cottage designs, are among the houses available for sale or to rent. Elegance is given life by local wineries still practicing centuries old traditions in Constantia while a modern pace is a stone throw away in Claremont’s entertainment centre.
Two major highways work subtly to service the Southern Suburbs which means you are never too far away from both the Cape Town International Airport and the CBD. Fortunately, the image of a decidedly leafy suburban setting is never lost. Numerous civic centres, public commutes and service delivery facilities operate in the Southern Suburbs effectively bolstering the value of houses for sale or rent.
Pam Golding Properties’ agents have embedded themselves proficiently in the area and have done so for years. This allows us to find houses for sale or rent in the Southern Suburbs of high quality at a competitive rate, to suit your specific needs. View our extensive listings; we have no doubt you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.
Featured Property in Southern Suburbs
Property in Southern Suburbs quicklinks
Property in Southern Suburbs for sale
Property in Southern Suburbs to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Southern Suburbs to rent - Short Term Rentals
Explore the Southern Suburbs
• Entertainment: Recreational centres provide sporting enthusiasts, leisure-seekers and hobbyists with plenty of options, day or night. The after-hours lifestyle is vibrant and popular with party-goers travelling from all over to dance the night away.
• Greenery: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens often hosts events designed to showcase nature’s beauty while Tokai Forest and the area around Rhodes Memorial offer bucket-list calibre hikes.
• Arts and culture: The Maynardville Open Air Theatre and the Baxter Theatre Centre are both well-established and offer award-winning plays, operas and comedy shows. Numerous art galleries can also be found throughout the Southern Suburbs.
• Cape cuisine: Whether visiting the local wine estates or discovering a new farm kitchen, the area regularly features on award lists. The best example of this is La Colombe located on the Constantia Uitsig Wine Estate, ranked first in Cape Town on TripAdvisor. Whether a food fundi or looking to feed the family, options are numerous.
Living in the Southern Suburbs
• Education: Rondebosch Boys, Bishops and Wynberg are three top secondary schools in the area while the University of Cape Town is set on the doorstep of the Southern Suburbs ensuring world-class education.
• Shopping: Large-scale retail centres are scattered across the area which include high-end international brands and convenient supermarkets.
• Healthcare: Numerous well-equipped private and public clinics, with specialist treatments, service the area. Both Mediclinic and Netcare have a presence while the Victoria Hospital in Wynberg is the largest in the area.
• Travel: A mere 20 minute drive along convenient highways give access to both Cape Town International Airport and the CBD. Extensive public transportation routes by rail or bus make it a very viable and safe option.
Other Areas in Southern Suburbs and Areas Nearby Southern Suburbs
Areas Nearby Southern Suburbs