The city of Rustenburg, the “Place of Rest”, is situated in the North West at the foot of the Magaliesberg, just over an hour away from Johannesburg and less than two hours from Pretoria. Given its close proximity to these surrounding areas and ease of commuting, Rustenburg is one of South Africa’s fastest growing cities with a host of appealing houses for sale and rent for any home hunter.
Rustenburg properties range from upmarket family homes to more compact and secure townhouses and apartments. The majority of the homes for sale and rent in Rustenburg are situated on large plots which offer ample space for expansion, renovations or even that jungle gym that the kids have been lusting after. Whether you’re a working professional or looking to settle down with your family, you’ll find a host of attractive offerings in our featured listings below.
Featured Property in Rustenburg
Property in Rustenburg quicklinks
Property in Rustenburg for sale
Property in Rustenburg to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Rustenburg to rent - Short Term Rentals
Rustenburg properties afford close proximity to a host of activities and facilities for the whole family to enjoy:
• Culture and history: Rustenburg is the third oldest town in Gauteng with a rich history that attracts tourists from around the country. Take a stroll around the city or visit a museum to get a glimpse into the past of this frontier town.
• Sport and leisure: Rustenburg is home to the Royal Bafokeng Stadium and Olympia Park, both of which host international sporting events annually. If you’re after a different kind of adventure, head out to enjoy sailing or windsurfing at the Olifantsnek Yacht Club just outside of town.
• Wildlife: Rustenburg is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts with various parks, including The Pilanesberg National Park and Kgaswane Game Reserve, only a short driving distance away.
• Sun City: The world-famous Sun City Resort, situated merely 40 minutes away, offers hours of entertainment for the whole family.
Living in Rustenburg
If you’re looking for houses for sale and rent in Rustenburg, you’ll rest assured knowing that you have all conveniences and necessities right here on your doorstep:
• Schools: Die Hoërskool Rustenburg is one of the city’s most renowned sporting schools, known for cultivating talented provincial athletes. There are also various other schools in the area which include Bergsig Akademie, Rustenburg High School and ZinniaVille Secondary School.
• Shopping: The city’s Waterfall Mall is host to clothing, food and utility stores while other local convenience stores are ideal for your everyday purchases. A little further afield, you’ll find Pretoria’s Menlyn Park or Joburg’s famed Sandton Centre.
• Medical: The Rustenburg Medi Centre offers all-round medical care while local doctor’s rooms and medical practices can see to the whole family’s needs.
• Travel: Rustenburg is a short distance from Johannesburg and Pretoria and only an hour and a half drive from OR Tambo International Airport. It’s also located on the main highway to Botswana.