The Riebeek Valley lies on the slopes of the dramatic Kasteelberg
in the Western Cape, just an hour from Cape Town
. Life moves at a slow pace here, with properties offering the best of country living for those wanting to escape the big city life. Riebeek Valley property can be found within the quaint villages of Riebeek Kasteel and Riebeek West, all of which are surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and wheatlands
which lend a Mediterranen-esque feel to the area.
Riebeek Valley homes are varied and cater to both families and retirees, from spacious stand-alone properties to smaller quaint residences. Many Riebeek West properties
for sale feature luscious gardens, which is no surprise given that this area is favoured by those who enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
Property in Riebeek Kasteel features an eclectic mix of architecture
; from old-world charm closer to the town centre to modern double story homes a little further afield. Take a look at the listings below to find out more about Pam Golding Properties’ offerings in Riebeek Kasteel and Riebeek West.
Featured Property in Riebeek Valley
Property in Riebeek Valley quicklinks
Property in Riebeek Valley for sale
Property in Riebeek Valley to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Riebeek Valley to rent - Short Term Rentals
Explore Riebeek Valley
- Culture: Explore the Jan Smuts Museum in Riebeek East and enjoy a weekend picnic on the grounds. Pop in to De Oude Kerk Museum in Riebeek Kasteel, view the Red Ox Monument on the village square or book a tasting and tour at Het Vlock Casteel Farm. Sample locally produced olives, jams and vinegars and take your pick of the fresh peaches, grapes and citrus fruits.
- Outdoor adventure: You can also hike up Kasteelberg and enjoy 360° views over the Swartland and towards the distant Table Mountain. Alternatively, take the rugged route and enjoy a walk, cycle or scenic drive along the Riebeeksrivier dirt road.
- Local markets and produce: The Riebeek West Fresh Funky Market takes place every first Saturday of the month while stores such as Crisp, Deli-Co Butchery, De Oude Schuur, Goedgedacht and Raw Earth Kitchen offer a myriad of fresh fare.
- Bird Watching: Take a day trip to the Bartholomeus Klip Reserve and enjoy game viewing from an open-topped vehicle or meander through the Swartland’s new birding route.
Living in Riebeek Valley
- Education: Here you’ll find Riebeek-Wes Primary School, Riebeek Kasteel Primary School, Riebeek Valley Special School and Carnegie House Montessori School. Various higher education institutions and primary schools can be found in the nearby towns of Malmesbury, Wellington and Paarl.
- Shopping: Stroll through the village to explore the various fresh produce delis, bakeries and charming restaurants. You’ll also find clothing shops, galleries and small supply stores, all which fit snugly into the town’s dainty personality. The closest big malls, Willowbridge Shopping Centre and Tyger Valley Centre, are about 30 minutes away.
- Healthcare: There are two clinics in the area, as well as 3 separate local Doctor’s practices in town to meet the whole family’s needs. The Paarl Mediclinic is just over 30 minutes away.
- Travel: Property in Riebeek Kasteel and Riebeek West may seem a world away nestled their Tuscany-like surrounds, but within an hour’s drive is Cape Town CBD, Tygervalley, the Cape Winelands and the expansive Karoo.
In Riebeek Valley – we have a host of activities and sites for you to visit. Next time you visit our village, make sure you don’t miss any of these:
Red Ox Monument erected in 1938 to honour the brave oxen of the Great Trek, on the village square.
Riebeek Wine Cellar (wine tasting & sales)
Various arts & crafts / Riebeek Art Route
De Oude Kerk Museum
Riebeek Olive Boutique
Kloovenberg Wine & Olive Estate (wine tasting & sales)
Olive Festival (May)
Shiraz Art Festival (September)
Swartland Revolution (November)
Riebeek West Gen.
Jan Smut's Birthplace on the PPC grounds
Riebeek Valley Monthly Market
Slow Food market every Sunday at Groenrivier Riebeek Valley Garden Nursery
Allesverloren winery estate and function centre
Pulpit Rock Winery
Riebeek Valley Hotel
Riebeek Valley Special School & Training Academy
Rugby Performance Academy