At the heart of the ‘Sunshine Coast’ lies Port Alfred, one of the most sought-after holiday and property destinations in South Africa. This exclusive location in the Eastern Cape offers golden beaches, a friendly seaside village atmosphere and a temperate climate. Port Alfred is considered by many South Africans and international visitors to be the perfect holiday spot. With a restful and rejuvenating atmosphere, the variety of property options can accommodate every type of house hunter. Whether you’re looking for permanent residence, holiday home, apartment, farm or smallholding you need look no further than Port Alfred.
Port Alfred property provides secure living in the form of the Royal Alfred Marina. This unique property development consists of five islands within a 45-hectare private estate in the Kowie River Estuary. The islands are linked by arched bridges across the canals and each property has at least 15 metres of private water frontage. Find out more about the apartments and houses for sale and rent in the Marina as well as Port Alfred’s other areas below.
Featured Property in Port Alfred
Property in Port Alfred quicklinks
Property in Port Alfred for sale
Property in Port Alfred to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Port Alfred to rent - Short Term Rentals
Explore Port Alfred
• Water sport enthusiasts will be in their element when they buy property in Port Alfred as will those who enjoy a spot of bird watching or just soaking up nature’s beauty.
• Looking for a challenge? Try the Kowie River Canoe Trail, a 40km-long return paddle and a 12km hike!
• The Kowie Museum is a must-visit to get an overview of the town’s history.
• A short drive and you’ll be putting on a Gary Player golf course or spotting game at Shamwari.
Living in Port Alfred
Port Alfred is a small town, providing ample of shopping and most amenities for permanent residents and visitors alike.
• Schools: Port Alfred is very close to what is considered SA’s education centre, Grahamstown, so many residents send their children to school there. That said, the local Port Alfred High School is a shorter commute.
• Shopping: The new Rosehill Mall and other shopping centres offer plenty of variety.
Other Areas in Port Alfred and Areas Nearby Port Alfred
Our next Pam Golding Properties Golf Day will be on 12th July 2014.
Hope to see you there.