The town of Newcastle neighbours Ladysmith and Dundee in KwaZulu-Natal. Property for sale in Newcastle caters to families and retirees who’re looking to enjoy quiet living as well as professionals wanting to make the most of the town’s industrial potential.
You’ll find a wide range of houses and rental options in Newcastle, from bachelor flats and 5 bedroom homes to cosy apartments ideal for working professionals. Owning a property in Newcastle means you’ll be close to all modern amenities and under two hours’ away from South Africa’s highest mountain range, the Drakensberg. If you’d like to learn more about our available houses for sale and Newcastle, rentals take a look below.
Featured Property in Newcastle
Property in Newcastle quicklinks
Property in Newcastle for sale
Property in Newcastle to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Newcastle to rent - Short Term Rentals
Owning property in Newcastle allows you to make make the most of activites in the surrounding area:
• Entertainment: Newcastle offers a wide range of restaurants to suit any taste. Annual activities such as the Vodacom Winter Festival and Winterfees never disappoint and Black Rock Casino is always open if you’re feeling lucky.
• Leisure: Here you’ll find a wide variety of golf courses including Newcastle Golf Course, Kilbarchan Golf Club and Vulintaba Country Estate. The mountains surrounding Newcastle offer excellent hiking trails and the nearby Chelmsford/Ntshingwayo Dam Nature Reserve is a popular spot for water sports.
• Historical sites: Delve into the history of the Boer War at the major battle sites of Amajuba, Schuinshoogte and Rorkes Drift which are only a few minutes’ drive from town.
• Wildlife: Newcastle’s mix of mountains and open veld are home to a diverse array of wildlife. Enjoy a day trip to the Chelmsford Game Reserve or one of the other many game farms in the area.
Living in Newcastle
• Shopping: The popular Newcastle Mall, the recently upgraded Victorian Mall and the on-going success of the Amajuba Mall cements Newcastle as the shopping powerhouse of Northern KwaZulu-Natal.
• Industry: A large industrial estate, situated well away from Newcastle’s central business district and its neighbouring leafy suburbs, is home to a number of national and international industries including powerhouses such as Arcelor Mittal, Natal Portland Cement and African Amines.
• Medical: Newcastle has three hospitals: Newcastle Provincial Hospital, Madadeni Hospital and Newcastle Medi-Clinic. There are also several clinics and specialist physicians in all major fields.
• Schools: There are two schools: Newcastle High School and Amajuba Combined School. For the little ones, there are a number of pre-primary schools in the area.
Other Areas in Newcastle and Areas Nearby Newcastle
Article written by Martin Paul and photographs by Martin Paul and Tanya Jacobs