Mossel Bay is a quaint peaceful town that has served as a place to call home as well as a holiday getaway for generations. Central to the Garden Route, halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, Mossel Bay has become a very popular destination for both South African and international tourists. The townsfolk like to boast that they enjoy the best weather in South Africa - and the Guinness Book of Records lists Mossel Bay as second only to Hawaii in having the world's mildest all-year-round climate.
But it’s not just the weather that draws the attention of investors and house hunters. Mossel Bay is designed to suit the needs of every traveller or permanent resident which makes it a popular, carefree town for those looking to settle down and those looking for a holiday home. Many of the Mossel Bay properties for sale overlook the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and the miles of unspoilt, north-facing beaches. Property for sale in Mossel Bay ranges from cottages and small freestanding homes to luxurious apartments and large family homes. In recent years, Mossel Bay has also seen a rise in lifestyle property developments to meet its ever-increasing popularity as a coastal and investment destination. There has never been a better time to buy or rent property in Mossel Bay. Find out more about the area and the houses available for sale and rent in Mossel Bay below.
Featured Property in Mossel Bay
Mossel Bay Golf Estate
Property in Mossel Bay quicklinks
Property in Mossel Bay for sale
Property in Mossel Bay to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Mossel Bay to rent - Short Term Rentals
Discover Mossel Bay
Mossel Bay has been dubbed “The Bay of Attractions” which is not surprising when you consider what the long sandy beaches and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean facilitate:
• Nature: Game viewing at Gondwana Game Reserve and various horse and hiking trails and the spectacular bird watching opportunities make for very happy nature lovers.
• Adventure: The more adventurous will enjoy boating on any number of waterways in the area, whale watching, shark cage-diving with sharks, bungee jumping and swinging and deep sea fishing charters.
• Historical: The Bartolomeu Dias Museum Complex encompasses a wealth of places of historical interest. The most famous of these is the Old Post Office Tree, a 500+ year old Milkwood tree where Pedro de Ataide left a letter in 1500 for those aboard passing ships.
• Dining and entertainment: There’s a restaurant for every palate, but given its location seafood is at the top of the list. When you’re at a loss for what to do, take a walk down to Mossel Bay’s scenic harbour where there’s always something on the go.
Living in Mossel Bay
Despite all the attractions, it’s actually the pace here that gives Mossel Bay that special edge. This is a town that invites you to sit back, relax and watch life as it happens. In this hurly-burly world, there’s nothing more refreshing.
• Schools: Buying a house in Mossel Bay gives you access to more than 20 schools. Many parents choose to make the short commune to schools in the neighbouring areas.
• Healthcare: Aside from the pharmacies, doctors and physios in the area, the Mossel Bay Clinic and Bay View Private Hospital are well-equipped to take care of all your healthcare needs.
• Shopping: Mossel Bay Mall, Langeberg Mall and Bayside Centre will take care of all your shopping needs. There are also a variety of smaller home goods stores as well as market stalls and boutiques to pique your interest.
• Sporting: Mossel Bay is a particularly attractive option for house hunters with a need to perfect their swing. The prestigious Pinnacle Point and Mossel Bay Golf Estate will soon become your favourite haunts.
Other Areas in Mossel Bay and Areas Nearby Mossel Bay
PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR PROPERTY
So much to do, so little time. Mossel Bay - Live life slowly !