Nestled in the valley between the majestic Magaliesburg Mountains, Hartbeespoort Dam property is popular amongst weekend adventure seekers and house hunters who place emphasis on quality of life. Houses for sale and rent in Hartbeespoort Dam are sought after as they are situated less than an hour’s drive from its more densely populated and developed neighbours.
Hartbeespoort Dam has a property for sale to compliment every taste and budget. Around the dam are 20 different estates and developments, from the original old-world charm suburbs to golf and eco-estates, smallholdings and farm land to time-share estates, wedding and conference venues, exquisite guesthouses and holiday resorts. Houses for sale and rent in Hartbeespoort are nearly all situated along the shores of the dam making for some spectacular views and fun on the water. It is a location that offers something for everyone and is incredibly popular amongst investors.
Play golf on any of the 5 nearby challenging golf courses, jump on your mountain bike and experience one of the many off road trails. Whatever you enjoy spending time doing, a Hartbeespoort Dam property offers you the option to live the holiday all year round. Browse our Hartbeespoort Dam property listings or find out more about this area below.
Featured Property in Hartbeespoort
Caribbean Beach Club
Property in Hartbeespoort quicklinks
Property in Hartbeespoort for sale
Property in Hartbeespoort to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Hartbeespoort to rent - Short Term Rentals
Explore Hartbeespoort Dam
• Golfing: The Hartbeespoort Dam is home to some of the finest golf estates in the country. In 1992, Maccon purchased a farm on the banks of Hartbeespoort Dam with a view to creating one of South Africa’s first golf estates. The name was inspired by the grove of pecan nut trees on the property. Golf Data, the representatives for Jack Nicklaus in South Africa, were contracted to build the challenging golf course that has been identified as one of South Africa’s top golf courses in numerous surveys. Since its launch, Pecanwood Golf and Country Club has established itself as a benchmark for golf courses in South Africa.
• Water sports: The dam is one of SA’s major water recreation areas and the surrounding areas provide the perfect spot to find a house to rent in Hartbeespoort if you want to be close to all the action. All water sports can be enjoyed here: yachting, para-sailing, windsurfing, jet skiing and fresh water angling. For the more adventurous, the dam offers paragliding, hang-gliding or hot air ballooning.
• Nature: The Big 5 Pilansberg Nature Reserve is a quick drive from Hartbeespoort Dam and the Dam's Snake Park is a huge hit amongst the little ones. The Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort offers visitors panoramic views of the beautiful Magaliesberg, Hartbeespoort Dam and surrounding areas, as well as excellent recreational and educational facilities.
Living in Hartbeespoort Dam
• Schools: For the permanent Hartbeespoort Dam residents there are 7 primary and 4 high schools, of which 3 are private schools.
• Healthcare: There are several major hospitals located within driving distance of Hartbeespoort, but pharmacies, chiropractors, doctors and natural healers are all a little closer to home.
• Shopping and dining: From banks and grocery shops to fashion outlets, arts and craft shops and a wide variety of restaurants, Chameleon Village and the Village Mall (which is now even bigger) will take care of your every need.
• Air travel: Hartbeespoort Dam is very close to Lanseria Airport and within easy travelling distance from O.R Tambo International Airport.
Other Areas in Hartbeespoort and Areas Nearby Hartbeespoort
North West Province
Areas Nearby Hartbeespoort