The lush area of East London, known as “Buffalo City”, is situated amongst the Buffalo, Kwelera and Nahoon rivers in the heart of the Sunshine Coast, midway between Cape Town and Durban. As the Eastern Cape Province’s second largest city, the opportunities, natural surroundings and excellent schools network make East London a popular choice for those looking to settle in the province.
The city is a firm favourite for holidaymakers and families alike as houses for sale in East London afford close proximity to the beautiful coastline with its long beaches, lagoons and nature reserves. As it is so popular amongst local and international tourists, apartments and houses to rent in East London are a hot commodity, making it an attractive location for investors.
Our East London real estate portfolio includes apartments and houses to rent as well as commercial properties. Browse our available properties below to learn more about the perks of owning real estate in East London.
Featured Property in East London
Property in East London quicklinks
Property in East London for sale
Property in East London to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in East London to rent - Short Term Rentals
Discover East London
East London offers an abundance of attractions which reflect its rich historical heritage and natural beauty:
• Enjoy an authentic cultural experience by taking a visit to traditional Xhosa villages or explore British, Dutch and German settlements to get a glimpse into the past.
• Set off on a day trip to the Wild Coast, an area of the Eastern Cape, which is set to become an environmental and cultural hub for local and international visitors.
• Unspoilt resort areas and premier ecotourism destinations in East London include Kwelera and Cintsa West/East overlooking a bay and lagoon, the small coastal village of Haga-Haga and the picturesque Morgan’s Bay.
• Set on the broad Buffalo River, East London offers a myriad of opportunities for long, lazy beach days with the family, sailing, fishing and all the water sports you could imagine.
• The East London Zoo, Aquarium and Museum are great activities to add to your to do list.
Living in East London
Real estate in East London affords you access to many great attractions and interest-specific activities, but here are some of the amenities you will benefit from when you buy or rent a house in East London:
• Sport: Cricket fans will enjoy days at Buffalo Park Stadium while rugby and soccer fans will be more inclined to visit the Buffalo City Stadium to support the Border Bulldogs and Blackburn Rovers respectively.
• Schools: With a host of pre-primary and primary schools on your doorstep and access to high schools like Merrifield, Stirling, Claredon, Cambridge, Hudson Park Stirling and Selborne College, your brood's education needs are covered.
• Tertiary education: From East London, you have access to Walter Sisulu University, the University of Fort Hare, Rhodes and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
• Other amenities include: The East London Airport, East London Private Hospital, Beacon Bay Life Hospital, St Dominics, St James and St Marks Hospitals, Hemingways Mall and an assortment of restaurants.
Other Areas in East London and Areas Nearby East London
Meet our Pam Golding East London team! (And what an amazing team it is).
Charity Garden Show 2013
In 2011, Pam Golding Properties East London area principal, Hanlie Bassingthwaighte, launched an initiative which saw local charities benefiting from donations from members of the public who visited and viewed the city’s most beautiful gardens. And this year’s event, to be held on the weekend of 5 and 6 October promises to be yet another resounding success.
Says Bassingthwaighte: “Being involved in the property industry, we know that an attractive and well cared-for garden not only provides a relaxing and tranquil haven for its occupants, it can also enhance the value of the property. And when the time comes to sell the property, a well-maintained and attractive garden creates a favourable impression for buyers. While we initiated and sponsored the Gardens of East London show mainly in order to inspire homeowners to create beautiful gardens, we are delighted that this is also helping boost support for charities in our local community.
“The participating charities are those which have come across our various agents’ paths and we have tried to be as inclusive as possible. These are the SPCA, St Bernard’s Hospice, Petpals, Greensleeves, Child Welfare, The Sophumelela Centre, Breath of Life, Salem Baby Centre, CANSA, The Compassionate Friends, Uthixo Unungile Ministry, East London Women's prisoners and Cotlands.” Every PGP agent in the office is ‘paired’ with a charity, and farm agent, Aubrey Tidbury, has even built a tree house for his charity, Greensleeves.
Tickets for the weekend can be bought at R50 each from any on the above mentioned charities, East London offices in Gonubie and Pearce Street or from any of the gardens on the day. Gardens are open from 10am till 5pm and one ticket gains you access to all eighteen beautiful gardens. Additional information can be found on the official Pam Golding East London Facebook page.