Approximately halfway between Johannesburg and the Kruger National Park, lies the beautiful town of Dullstroom. Its idyllic position in the Highlands Meander along the scenic Panorama Route make it a popular choice for those looking to buy a holiday home in Mpumalanga.
Dullstroom properties for sale perfectly complement the town’s idyllic surroundings. Residential properties are typically large but affordable, often containing more than three bedrooms. The town also offers considerable hospitality opportunities owing to the number of tourists who frequent the area. Due to the number of tourists looking for accommodation here means that Dullstroom is an attractive option for investors seeking to purchase property. Investors looking to fill the “where to stay in Dullstroom” need can opt for established buildings created for the purpose of housing discerning travellers or vacant land on which new developments can be constructed.
Our online portfolio includes Dullstroom farms for sale as well as a wide array of residential, and commercial properties. Find out more about these Dullstroom properties and the area below.
Featured Property in Dullstroom
Property in Dullstroom quicklinks
Property in Dullstroom for sale
Property in Dullstroom to rent - Long Term Rentals
Property in Dullstroom to rent - Short Term Rentals
Dullstroom properties for sale are popular amongst house hunters looking for permanent and holiday homes. The town makes an ideal base of operations from which to conveniently travel to exciting attractions. Some of the prominent attractions in and near Dullstroom include:
• The Panorama Route: Includes scenic locations like the Blyde River Canyon, which offers some of the most spectacular views in the world. The route is also known for its many adrenaline inducing and cultural attractions.
• Game viewing: From Dullstroom you can travel to the Kruger National Park. This is Big 5 territory and the game viewing and holiday attractions here are unrivalled.
• Fishing: The Highlands Meander area, which incorporates the towns of Belfast, Dullstroom, Lydenburg, Machadodorp and Waterval Boven, is considered the trout Mecca of South Africa. There are a high number of trout farms and fishing spots that can provide hours of entertainment in the midst of luscious natural environments.
• History: The town has survived many events, including the Anglo-Boer War – during which it was almost razed to the ground. As such, there are many historic points of interest to visit. Close by, Waterval Boven is a picturesque village brimming with historical attractions including Paul Kruger’s official residence and the old railway tunnel from which the Elands River Waterfall can be seen. The Kwenia Basin is located just 20kms from Lydenburg, the area situated between Chomse se Hoogte Pass and Witklip Pass along the R36 highway.
• Pampering: Dullstroom property owners are fortunate enough to have the Walkersons Dullstroom hotel and spa on their doorstep. Whether it’s a spa treatment or high tea, this may just become your new favourite haunt. Machadodorp also located along the Elands River and is home to a natural spring that is purported to have healing powers.
Living in Dullstroom
• Dining: Pubs, restaurants, cafés… Dullstroom has it all. As it is such a tourist hotspot, there are plenty of dining options to suit any taste.
• Shopping: From antiques and homemade goods to general retailers, shopping in Dullstroom won’t disappoint. Residents looking for a bigger mall
• Healthcare: When you buy a Dullstroom property, Midmed and Lydenburg hospitals are within easy driving distance. Other healthcare facilities in the town include: a dentist, doctors, physio and pharmacy.
• Schools: Birchcroft Preparatory School is a popular option for parents with younger children. Many Dullstroom residents choose to send their children to boarding schools throughout Mpumalanga, KwaZulu Natal and Johannesburg.
• Sport: There are trap shooting, golf, gym and tennis facilities in and around Dullstroom.
Other Areas in Dullstroom and Areas Nearby Dullstroom